Lights And Lines announce a 30th July release for Ghosts of the Future & Past, the new album by Gozer Goodspeed. Listen to the brand new remix of 2019’s Gamblers Last Day...
Ghosts of the Future & Past, a retrospective and expansive collection of songs by Plymouth’s most distinctive and imaginative songwriter, recontextualises Gozer Goodspeed’s incredible back catalogue for listeners and introduces some brand new, never-before-released tracks at the same time.
This collection has been lovingly put together to introduce you [as if you haven't been following Mr Goodspeed's work for ages now - Ed] to an artist with an extraordinary voice, a deep love of folk music and storytelling, and a strong affinity for the sounds of the blues.
With Ghosts, listeners can deep-dive into Gozer’s back catalogue and immerse themselves in a selection of remastered tracks from all five of his recorded releases to date, discovering some ultra rare and previously unheard songs along the way.
This is emphatically not a ‘best of’ [although they are mostly well-known, and all brilliant, Goodspeed tracks - Ed], but rather a carefully curated selection of songs that highlight the artist's unique verve and versatility.
Highlights from this unique 17 song collection include:
- The previously unreleased Charlatans and Hypnotists - a pivotal pre-Gozer song that helped develop him into the artist we know today
- A live bootleg version of The Killjoy Bulletin, a popular mainstay in Gozer’s live show that he has never recorded in the studio
- An unreleased acoustic demo version of a track from a brand new Gozer Goodspeed album expected to be released in 2022
And this brand new remix by Chris Love from Whistlewood Studios of 2019’s Gamblers Last Day
Ghosts of the Future & Past will be released as a 4 panel, environmentally friendly CD Digipak and as a digital download via Bandcamp and you can pre-order the album NOW.
1. Gambler’s Last Day
2. Charlatans and Hypnotists (Previously unreleased)
3. Rattlebone Colour
4. Man with the Ruined Knee
5. Barrel Headlong Into the Night
6. What You Got Going On, Lewis?
7. When the Blue Man Met the Headshrinker
8. Impossible to Pick Up
9. Survivor By Habit
10. The Key Broke off Clean in the Lock
11. Running with the Outliers
12. Pumas and Neon Signs
13. King Point Marina
14. Rebuilt and Remade (Limited release only)
15. The Killjoy Bulletin (Ultra rare live bootleg)
16. Now’s Not The Time To Lay Low
17. Gambler’s Last Day (Chris Love Smoky Remix)
Image - Lights & Lines/Gozer Goodspeed